Configuring your Gaming console from Moderate to Open
First open ports on your router - (The following steps are accurate if you have leased a router through Farmtel, however if you provided your own router or have replaced your router with a different model and brand then these instructions will differ slightly for your setup)
- Start your web browser.
- In the address bar, type the default IP address for your router (Typically this will be set to 192.168.1.1 however if it is different the instructions below for setting the gateway should match your setup) and then press ENTER
- Enter your username and your password (if you don't know them or if you are using a managed router solution you will need to find the documentation the farmtel installer left with you or ask for assistance in setting this up)
- Open these ports up for port forwarding on the router with 192.168.1.(XXX) - (This will be the IP address of your Gaming Console) private address and private ports and public ports enabled. (You do not need to put this ip address in the public ip)
- Port 88 (UDP)
- Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 80 (TCP)
To set your Gaming console’s IP settings
- On your console, and then select System Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network (if you are prompted to do so).
- Select Configure Network.
- On the Basic Settings tab, select IP Settings.
- Select Manual.
- Select IP Address.
- Enter the unique IP address 192.168.1.(XXX) (This is the IP Address you opened ports on your router) and then select Done.
- Select Subnet Mask, enter your computer’s subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and then select Done.
- Select Gateway, enter your computer’s default gateway 192.168.1.1 and then select Done.
- Select Done. And Exit.
Test your connection again.